Post Second World War
The 1st Battalion The Liverpool Scottish reformed at the Fraser Street Drill Hall in Liverpool in 1947 and, until its disbandment in 1967 when the Territorial Army was reorganised, it was firstly a motor battalion and then an infantry battalion. The battalion won the Territorial Army Shield in the Duke of Edinburgh's Trophy Competition in 1957 and 1960. A winning team is shown here without names. (Photo courtesy of Major James Bruxner CBE). Members of the Liverpool Scottish may care to see who they can identify and a named copy of the photograph is added here. If any more soldiers can be identified please contact the Museum. After the amalgamation of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders with the Seaforth Highlanders in 1961, the battalion continued in Forbes tartan as The Liverpool Scottish, a part of the amalgamated regiment, The Queen's Own Highlanders (seaforth and Camerons), but continuing to wear the buttons of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders.