The Interwar years
Between the Wars - The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders
In 1920, The Liverpool Scottish reformed as the 10th (Liverpool Scottish) Battalion, The King's Regiment (Liverpool) TA but in 1937 was officially re-designated as The Liverpool Scottish, The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders to become an integral Territorial battalion of the Cameron Highlanders. The bonnet badge changed to a Liverpool Scottish version of the Cameron badge. A caricature sketch of the Officers' Mess in 1937 can be seen here. Colours were presented to the battalion by H.M. King George VI at Goodison Park football ground in 1938. Film of this ceremony, independent of the pathe newreel, was made by the battalion and was digitised by the museum trust in 2012. A second battalion was formed immediately before the outbreak of war in 1939.